Streets for Campus Product Suite Features Overview
TripSpark’s Streets campus technology allows universities to effectively plan, monitor, and improve the student experience while optimizing operations. Real time information can be shared with operations, drivers, students and other stakeholders.
Let’s look at Streets for Campus core features, one at a time:
- Efficient Operations Management – lets dispatchers effectively monitor the fleet. The vehicle map displays vehicle locations in real-time and changing icons indicate a vehicle’s schedule adherence. Events are triggered several different ways. For example, a report can be generated for a vehicle speeding on campus, linking back to the specific driver and vehicle, thereby improving accountability and campus safety.
- Visual Planning Tools – simplify routine service planning tasks like route creation, blocking, run cutting and rostering. Interlining is an advanced scheduling technique that allows one vehicle to do the work of two, greatly improving service and reducing operating costs.
- Comprehensive Reporting – Streets for Campus gathers comprehensive and accurate data. It simplifies the reporting process by allowing for drag and drop custom report creation or editing, without needing database expertise. Reports can be generated in a number of formats and displayed visually so they're easy to digest. Information can be shared with other departments (such as urban development or engineering) to ensure routes and schedules are optimized. Analyzing data helps identify opportunities to reduce costs and optimize resources use while improving service quality.
- Reliable On-Board Technology - connects the fleet with dispatch and acts as a hard-wired hub for other on-board peripherals such as Automatic Passenger Counting and Automated Announcements. In the event of an emergency, vital information can be automatically broadcasted to the fleet. Designed for ease of use, our mobile data terminals provide drivers with the information they need to complete tasks on-time and to safely communicate with dispatch.
- Remote Device Management –A suite of diagnostic and troubleshooting tools allows administrators to manage on-board hardware remotely, minimizing downtime.
Additional value can be realized by adding any of the following modules to Streets for Campus:
- MyRide Passenger Information Systems –help students and other riders plan trips and navigate by providing real-time information and notifications about news, service updates and next bus information that features your university's unique branding. Students can subscribe to their desired bus stops and receive updates via text, email or push notification.
- Service Interruptions Management – service can be temporarily modified to address campus construction and temporary route changes. This information, including locations and real-time information for temporary stops, is automatically pushed out to dispatchers, drivers and riders without the need to post or print new routes and schedules. Service interruptions can be planned in advance. Routes, stops and times are automatically activated and deactivated based on pre-scheduled dates.
- Integrations - Streets for Campus offers powerful cross-system integration. A change in one part of the system is automatically reflected across the board. A single MDT can dual-boot for either campus transit and paratransit or on-demand safety ride home programs.
Campus transit is the most effective way to move many students across campus. TripSpark can be your strategic partner, providing you with technology that supports your campus community and future ridership. As a single-vendor solutions provider with decades of experience in transit software and in-vehicle innovations, we back our customers with expert customer care, comprehensive operational resources and ongoing support.